Friday, November 2, 2012

Chemo #2 - Day 2

Feeling okay today. Giving myself permission to not do much today. I am having a hard time doing this. But I will NOT do much. Working is all I know.

I know it may be bad tomorrow, but not really anticipating it. This is good. Other people give me so much strength. Seeing and knowing that other people can show up to work and push past and overcome their adversities - this is the strength of true human spirit. I also have learned that cards mean so much. I am going to send more cards when I get better. Letting people know you care is so important. I cannot thank all of you enough. Your notes are the highlight of my days.

One of my friends mom, who sucessfully beat cancer, has been an amazing source of inspiration and advice. She sent me the following quote. I think it applies to most of life....

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. - Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment