Saturday, October 20, 2012

Chemo 1 Day 3

I feel like I have been hit by a Mac truck. My whole body hurts. Well not hurts just sore. My cousin ran a 1/2 marathon today - I bet we are in similar pain.... Great job Aaron by the way!!!

My jaw hurts which is wierd, my neck hurts where my lymphnodes are (I hope this means that the cancer is dying). My ass hurts from being in bed but I am so tired. I just keep taking naps....

there is a definite disconnect between my head and my body. My head seems to think that chips and salsa sound like a good idea... or maybe some spicy bean dip. But we all know that will not end well. I can't eat it. My tongue feels wierd and when I eat I get pains down in my jaw and down my throat. So at least I have some chicken and rice soup and some broccoli cheese soup. My doc says that I need to have protein. He said to get some Ensure and mix it with ice cream... to me that sounds like a 1000 trips to the bathroom.... but we will see how things go.

I hope I am on the mend tomorrow.... I have to work on Monday - gotta be a good professor. :) and then I have a pulmonary function test (PFT). One of the drugs (Bleomycin) can have a negative affect on your lungs, so we need a baseline.

Well that is all I have... going to go take another nap. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment