Monday, October 8, 2012

PET scan

We are in Omaha and going to drive home toady with Sunny it tow. Going to get my PET scan so we can stage this thing.

PET scan is such a funny name. I know it is an acronym, but still. Oh and the machine comes in on a semi. I get to be "petted" in the parking lot. Strange images of a petting line come to mind. They told me to wear sweats - um okay that is easy. Sunny will come with me; Kyle has to study and might as well give him a reprieve.

Oh and speaking of stages. Still puts images of the Tour de France in my head. I wonder if this cancer is a time trial or a mountain phase??

Overall, I am in good spirits. I am so glad, and lucky, to have supportive friends and family. I feel like the is nothing wrong. I guess I am not sure what I thought someone with cancer would look like, but this is not it. I am feeling good, healthy and 100% normal. I guess that is a good thing.

3 comments:

  1. Lindsey - just catching up on this news and the blog. I think I smiled and cried right along with you as you described this roller coaster of emotions. I'm thinking of you and sending you lots of positive good vibes. Thanks for keeping us updated. Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending lots of good mojo! Will check back for the results! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a brave and beautiful woman. We are with you every step of the way.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete