Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Results and port

Well I got some good news today. The results of my bone marrow biopsy came in clean. Yeah!!! This means I don't need to have a bone marrow transplant and the cancer is not there. I know all of you are excited to hear this so you don't need to be tested to see if you are a match :)

Also, my doc called me to tell me that although it has not been read by a radiologist and his resolution on his computer is not as good, but it looks like the cancer is all above my diaphragm. This means that it looks like it is stage 2. Yeah!!

Today I had a port put in. They had to stick me 5 times to start an IV. And THAT is why I had the port placed. The port is under my skin in my chest. It is an instant access to my veins. It was an easy procedure and will be worth it in the long run.


1 comment:

  1. Good! I was NOT looking forward to that pain for seeing if I was a match - phew!

    Doing happy dance for stage 2! (Add this to the list of things I never thought I'd say).

    ReplyDelete